There are 5 degrees of assault with first degree assault as the most serious. David Rucki was originally charged with fifth degree assault which was reduced to disorderly conduct as plea was withdrawn by defendant. Red Herring Alert will attempt to get the original police report for further details regarding these charges, View Court Documents Below
2015 Minnesota Statutes
609.224 ASSAULT IN THE FIFTH DEGREE.
Whoever does any of the following commits an assault and is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) commits an act with intent to cause fear in another of immediate bodily harm or death; or
(2) intentionally inflicts or attempts to inflict bodily harm upon another.
609.72 DISORDERLY CONDUCT.Subdivision 1.Crime.
Whoever does any of the following in a public or private place, including on a school bus, knowing, or having reasonable grounds to know that it will, or will tend to, alarm, anger or disturb others or provoke an assault or breach of the peace, is guilty of disorderly conduct, which is a misdemeanor:
(1) engages in brawling or fighting; or
(2) disturbs an assembly or meeting, not unlawful in its character; or
(3) engages in offensive, obscene, abusive, boisterous, or noisy conduct or in offensive, obscene, or abusive language tending reasonably to arouse alarm, anger, or resentment in others.
Double Click on Documents to Enlarge